I finally got caught up with some outdoor chores....but its just the beginning....than goodness there was more sun than the forecast!
- planted chitted potatoes
- emptied old soil in strawberry pot, refilled, (enhanced with chicken manure pellets) and added strawberries I bought along a road down near the coast this for charity.
- planted broad beans for the first time!
- repotted blueberry with ericacious compost
- convinced my friend to take my leftover raspberry canes now that she has found a new house and soon to close!
- Planted the geranium alba I bought
- Planted foxglove alba (tall!) along the fence
- planted some dill and red lettuce
- repotted nasturtium seedlings
- moved little peony to a better location in the bed (hope it blooms!)
- cleaned and watered pansy pots
- cut back and trimmed plants
- planted my bronze fennel in the herb garden
- Sowed some Early Nante carrot seeds in two pots
- Pulled up my last remaining sweet fennel and ate it!
- Pulled up some kale and cooked it with mushrooms onions and a little chicken broth...
- Got a package to mail of seeds in reciprocation of a trade..
- Enjoyed watching my clematis slowly growing for the first year of bllom, and looking at an ancient one I have nurtured up a trellis that is soon to bloom!
- Oh, and I planted california poppies all along the gravel next to my house and driveway :) poppy growing in gravel..
Great article on bronze fennel
|First active weekend in the garden!|
|Herb garden springing in to life!|
|Never enough daffs in the world|
|Neighbor-pollarded lime trees= more sun for plants!|
|Gotta love grape hyacinths!|
|My garden man....|
|My sambucus nigra's first season in the garden...|
|Love this peony that came with the garden...a bloom already on top!!|
|My ornamental cabbage....|