Saturday 7 July 2012

Being Good at Hampton Court Flower Show

So, I went to Hampton Court Flower Show for the first time in the 5 years I have lived here!!!  And, of course, the day I go was pouring!  Anyway, the tent displays and the free nibbles made it worthwhile!  It did become more of a whole day shopping event!  However, I think I bought more food than I did plants!

So, I consider that I was very good!  I saw many plants that I like, but I restrained myself and looked for things I can grow!!  I couldnt help myself and got a few more scented geraniums for the windowsill...I just LOVE them!  I'll post some pics later of the variegated and lemon scented...

I did find a little gem...that others may not notice.....a variety of Joe Pye Weed....."Eupatorium Chocolate"!

 I love blending in Purple/Chocolate Plants in my garden to offset the yellow of my Choisya Sundance! 


My Sambucus Nigra is looking fantastic, and this year I also bought some Lysimachia ciliata Firecracker, and Lysimachia congestiflora 'Persian Chocolate'....to add to my yellow Lysimachia Punctata (non-variegated :() and standard golden Lysimachis creeping Jenny....Needless to say...I can appreciate the easy color these plants can provide...and long lasting flowers!!

 Ok...and I got some Alcea (hollyhock) seeds for sowing in the autumn, and got sucked up by the plantsman for some Franchi lettuce (Regina Delle Ghiacciole)---sounds exciting, huh?  It was a beautiful lettuce with jagged edges...couldnt resist!  Ok....its stopped raining...off to weeding and playing in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment