Sunday 10 February 2013

Happy New Year and New Beginnings!




Ok, so I am a little late in greetings this year....but its been difficult to get back into gardening..for many reasons. So, I decided to take a little sabbatical, and begin to put things back in order.  Oh, my goodness, what a rainy day can do for you!  I remember how in San Diego it was so difficult to do things inside, because the weather was so nice...no seasons, and you plants never stopped blooming...so you would get these woody wild things that you did not have the courage to cut when they were still blooming!  I still have the problem with my Bowles Mauve Wallflower here..they say it only lasts 3 years...now I have giants blooming monsters...I have made cuttings to replace them...but can I get the strength to remove these dedicated plants?  Ok...I stray...

I sorted through ALL of my seeds and realized I am a seedaholic... I admit it!  That nurture thing!  Anyway, onwards and upwards to new beginnings...a new year to start afresh...  I posted a facebook note for a seed swap...and took a few packs from the pile to give away...just a few.  I did prepare a few window planters with seeds for the first plantings this year...

Then, I found one of my favourite new finds...Cow Parsley!  This is not just any cow parsley...but PURPLE cow parsely...how could you go wrong with that? Just a little more purple in the garden to go with the elderberry tree and the Joe pye weed and Lou's purple plant that keeps coming up in wonderful places! 




OK, I did see a sale on some pots to pot on after the window boxes...what site was that? The good thing is that it is time to go to bed and work the next morning! LOL! Enjoy!  I'll let  yo know how this plant does....and yes....it works in partial shade..and grows like a weed...it is a weed!  Have a happy Monday!


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only seedaholic! I like the purple cow parsley, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always happy to trade...just let me know! Always looking for some shade plants and herbs!

      Delete
  2. Not too late, for there was the very recent Chinese New Year :) and a Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right! Too bad the crowds are so big in London! I do fancy some good dim sum!

    ReplyDelete